4/22/09

Connected

Believe me girls,I am not this high-tech person who lives for another toy. But what I did learn when my children left home and went away to college was to stay connected with people I care about.When Kristin left home I learned to IM. Little notes throughout the day kept us connected. How are you? What's new? What are you learning? All ways to keep our relationship alive and growing. John 15:1-5 reminds us that we need to Abide in Him, and He will Abide in us. "Abiding" is simply to stay connected. When I think of "praying without ceasing" I think of being constantly connected to God. From the time I wake up, before I open my eyes I am talking with God. Thinking about my family, my day, my concerns and expectations. Am I grateful for another day to love, to forgive, to learn, to obey. (His mercies are new every morning) He knows my thoughts before I even think them. Don't hold back. There is nothing about me that He doesn't already know. Talk to God, tell Him your disappointments, your frustrations, the decisions you need to make. Thank Him for your many blessings. Stay connected. Be willing, to let Him make you aware of the things you said, that may have come out wrong. Or maybe they did come out right but your heart is wrong. Maybe something you shouldn't have done, or maybe you should have done and you didn't. It's a journey. Thank God, He doesn't give up on us. So don't give up on yourself. He who began the GOOD work, will be faithful until completed. He delights in us? It's a day by day journey. Do you have a minute? Just do it. How ever small it seems. Stay connected. Whether it is an IM, or an e-mail,a text or a Twitter.:) Start today,stay connected to the vine, apart from Him we can do nothing. Stay connected, my friends, to the Vine. kim

No comments:

Post a Comment